A Religious Liberal Blog

This site hopefully can provide some vehicle by which I can comment, complain, and once in a while praise the state of religion in this country and around the world from a liberal protestant perspective.

Friday, August 01, 2008

Return to Blogging

So I've been absent from the blog with my recent move and job hunting. But I miss blogging because it keeps me engaged with a range of religious questions and the excellent writing of others.

Some new blogs that I hope to keep up with include Fr. Jake Listens to the World, the Gifts of God which are positive reflections on faith and the world.Theology Schmeology are the reflections of a new catholic seminarian. All are worth checking out.

After five years of blogging, I'm hoping to work on the direction of this site. The prospects for the mainline, presenting a progressive faith in a public setting, engaging other authors, and a dash of politics will remain the same.

But a big reason to write is to change public perceptions of the faith. A post like this where Christianity is taken as a means to shut out people reminds us the work to be done if the resources and possibilities of this faith tradition is ever to be taken up for many.

1 Comments:

At 9:55 AM , Blogger Kelly Fryer said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere! I'm looking forward to hearing your voice again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home