A Religious Liberal Blog

This site hopefully can provide some vehicle by which I can comment, complain, and once in a while praise the state of religion in this country and around the world from a liberal protestant perspective.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

News Update

So I've been working with finals in the two community colleges that I've been adjuncting with. At the same time I'm trying to find affordable housing in Indianapolis. Any ideas in that regard?

I'm moving there by the end of the month, beginning of June to get myself established there so that I can begin to take courses at Christian Theological Seminary this fall as a MDiv student for the Disciples of Christ (though standing in the UCC is also a goal).

This is kind of like seminary 2.0 in that I already have a MA in religion at United Theological in Minneapolis, but this time it's for the purposes of ministry. Going back a decade later with some differing religious commitments will be an interesting experience.

I stopped by the school yesterday and fell in love again with the bookstore. Had a discussion on doctrine that might be found in another blog post. And the city is starting to become more attractive to me than when I was originally considering this move.

Blogging here will likely be sporadic especially during moving week. A few sites to point out: Chris Tessone's books in response to my post, Oliver as an atheist visits an episcopal church in Mississippi, and I have a new flicker account with cat and friend pics.

1 Comments:

At 7:22 PM , Blogger Oliver said...

Wahoo! Thanks for adding a link back to my visit to St. Peter's Episcopalian Church.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home