A Religious Liberal Blog

This site hopefully can provide some vehicle by which I can comment, complain, and once in a while praise the state of religion in this country and around the world from a liberal protestant perspective.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Thanks Collective Soul


I've come to the realization of my old age in that all my pop culture references are from the 80s and 90s. Thank goodness some of these icons continue on today in great form like South Park and the Simpsons.

And one of my favorite bands of the 90s keep on producing great material. Collective Soul released their new CD Afterwards and there's so many songs that are moving, toe tapping, and filled with warmth that it will easily remain one of my favorites of the band.

"As you wake just to crawl. Still you say good morning after all. You stand just to fall. Still you say good morning after all. You questioned this life. Sure you wondered about love. But you swear there's always hope." Something I needed to hear at this time.

1 Comments:

At 11:14 PM , Anonymous Seeking said...

I'm curious about what your opinion would be about this video I found, a video about the hypocrisy of being for the war but pro-Christian:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsF-RiMzGpk

I think you are one who could provide solid answers. Please make a post about it if you get some time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home