This is an old blog meme but I am behind on my postings for this site. In it, people list their theological confessions or proclamations. In any case here's a short list from me.
1. I confess that I don't believe in the supernatural but I do believe in God. God is to be found in this world of ours.
2. I confess that inter-religious work is rewarding but that spirituality apart from a tradition is thin and leaves me cold.
3. I confess that it was Mordechai Kaplan, who gave me ways of speaking of God again, something I had lost in my 20s.
4. I confess that it's been campus ministry work where the reality of God continues to confront me again and again.
5. I confess that Reinhold Niebuhr, Shailer Matthews, and H. Richard Niebuhr have challenged me to dig deeper into the rich resources of the Christian tradition in looking at the human situation.
6. I confess that Josiah Royce and HN Wieman have helped me to make sense of how God was in Christ reconciling the world.
7. I confess that the best way of making sense of "no one comes to the father but through me" was given to me by a student in our campus ministry.
8. I confess that I've been introduced to a number of thinkers that I never pick up until years later. B.A Gerrish and Wayne Meeks are two such examples.
9. I confess that I take gay and lesbian inclusion as a given. That the church has a heterosexual issue, not a gay issue.
10. I confess that mainline protestantism has ways of engaging Christian faith that can save Christianity.
11. I confess that I don't know if many people in the mainline believe my 10th confession. They should.
12. I believe that the end vision of Christian faith is enacted every time one is at the communion table.