A Religious Liberal Blog

This site hopefully can provide some vehicle by which I can comment, complain, and once in a while praise the state of religion in this country and around the world from a liberal protestant perspective.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Absence

For the last few months this blog has not seen a lot of new posts. I'm hoping to change that. This site keeps me connected and gives me a good excuse to read a number of excellent blogs out there.

But I've had a number of things that have prevented from posting. There's been the conflict I've had with the campus ministry I work with over it's primary identity and mission. Getting that nailed down has been a concern in establishing a long term basis for student ministry.

In this process I've discovered something about myself. I love conflict and fighting the good fight when it's against "those folks" such as the religious right. It's invigorating. But when it's an internal conflict, with folks who are in the same group, it emotionally tears me down.

The expense of graduate school, lack of funding, etc. has moved me to a decision to leave school for awhile and go job hunting both close as well as in far off places. Getting some financial wherewithal is good but it takes me away from present tasks to be done.

This has made the blog come to a standstill. I still owe Gay Spirituality a post as well. I'm thinking that instead of giving up something for Lent, it would be good to put something forward, in this case postings for this site. It could be a discipline of sorts.

Two notes: the picture is of Adler, my youngest cat, who likes being covered when possible. I've been following the presidential race. And closely examining Obama and Richardson. But I thought I'd plug nice interview with Edwards about his faith.

2 Comments:

At 7:24 PM , Anonymous mumcat said...

Welcome back. Sounds like you've had a lot on your plate but it's been a growing experience for you. I'm looking forward to more of your thoughts.

 
At 11:34 PM , Blogger Wulfila said...

I've missed you, and checked your blog every day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home