A Religious Liberal Blog

This site hopefully can provide some vehicle by which I can comment, complain, and once in a while praise the state of religion in this country and around the world from a liberal protestant perspective.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Heretic?

You score as a Monarchian. You seek to retain monotheistic belief but in doing so abandon the idea of a triune God. God exists as the Father only but can reveal himself in other ways similar to modalism.

Jesus is a man who is adopted into the Godhead and given divine status. Jehovah's Witnesses still hold to this belief. Monarchianism 92% Socinianism 75%. I shouldn't be surprised but the starting points of the questions are sufficiently different from where I'm at which affects the results.

I'm trying to find a solid mainline protestant or catholic children's song book with guitar chords. It's for someone I know who help leads the children's ministry in his church. Any ideas? Also I won't be posting for a number of days. I'm off for a regional campus minister's retreat.

1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM , Anonymous Chris T. said...

You should have asked me on the phone the other day! I would recommend Gather Comprehensive. It's a little pricey, but the money is going to get spent on spirituality CDs anyhow. They have a guitar accompaniment edition, it's from GIA Publications (giamusic.com). They usually send a catalogue to the IFC once or twice a year. They have kids songs, and it would be useful for other UCM stuff, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home