A Religious Liberal Blog

This site hopefully can provide some vehicle by which I can comment, complain, and once in a while praise the state of religion in this country and around the world from a liberal protestant perspective.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Labels

I was driving by a local southern baptist church and I see on their sign: God is still speakng, are you listening? This particular church is liberal enough that I'm surprised they've not been punished by the SBC.

This congregation and pastor is one of the more ecumenical churches in the area, working with the local interfaith group, and even with the UCC/Disciples ministry I'm involved with. I suppose it goes to show that you can't tell a church by their label.

In other news, the Church of Scotland has recently approved same sex unions in the church. Beth Quick broaches the subject of Al Gore and a possible run for president. I admit, the prospect is an encouraging one given his turn in the last few years.

1 Comments:

At 8:12 AM , Blogger Bill Baar said...

Labels aren't worth much. They're usually obstacles.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home