A Religious Liberal Blog

This site hopefully can provide some vehicle by which I can comment, complain, and once in a while praise the state of religion in this country and around the world from a liberal protestant perspective.

Monday, April 24, 2006

worldview quiz

A worldview test. You are Emergent in your theology. You feel alienated from older forms of church, you don't think they connect to modern culture well. No one knows the whole truth about God, and we have much to learn from each other, and learning takes place in dialogue.

Evangelism should take place in relationships rather than through crusades and altar-calls. People are interested in spirituality and want to ask questions, so the church should help them to do this. Emergent/Postmodern 75% Modern Liberal 68% Fundamentalist 7%

Never considered myself an emergentist before. I should read their books, etc because most of what I read is from liberal protestants between 1880 and 1940. When it comes to worship I'd take "older forms" over what gets called contemporary. But maybe there's a link I haven't been aware of before that should be explored.

6 Comments:

At 4:28 AM , Blogger Christopher said...

I intend to start reading the Emergent books soon, as I managed to cart off 3-4 of them last week.
http://luthermatrix19.blogspot.com/2006/04/books-i-got-from-spring-harvest.html
Peace,
Chris

 
At 4:38 AM , Blogger Christopher said...

Though I'm a Lutheran I managed to get Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan. I think I may have misinterpreted some of the bits about spiritual experience... oh well.
Peace,
Chris

 
At 12:45 AM , Blogger BruceA said...

I took the worldview quiz back in December, and was also surprised when it classified me as emergent/postmodern. Before taking the quiz, I had considered myself a liberal Christian, though I've never fully agreed with some of the things that go under the name liberal.

 
At 9:50 AM , Anonymous RudtyB said...

You scored as Emergent/Postmodern.



You are Emergent/Postmodern in your theology. You feel alienated from older forms of church, you don't think they connect to modern culture very well. No one knows the whole truth about God, and we have much to learn from each other, and so learning takes place in dialogue. Evangelism should take place in relationships rather than through crusades and altar-calls. People are interested in spirituality and want to ask questions, so the church should help them to do this.

Emergent/Postmodern

82%
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

75%
Neo orthodox

54%
Roman Catholic

54%
Classical Liberal

46%

 
At 6:04 AM , Anonymous Glenn Wilhite said...

I was surprised to be rated an emergent/postmodern along with classical liberal. I must be mistaken about the meaning of emergent.

 
At 2:14 PM , Blogger Big Red Lance said...

That's a pretty cool quiz, Dwight.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home