A Religious Liberal Blog

This site hopefully can provide some vehicle by which I can comment, complain, and once in a while praise the state of religion in this country and around the world from a liberal protestant perspective.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

War and Faith

"George Bush has made the Christian faith an obscenity. To rationalize what he’s doing in Iraq because God told him to do it or to make Jesus some kind of a warmonger is another immorality. And for people in America to buy that?

I was a Catholic youth minister for eight years. And I know that the Jesus that I studied about in the Gospels would not approve. I believe that religious extremism, whether it’s Jewish, Muslim, or Christian, has caused a lot of problems in the world. " Excerpts from an interview with Cindy Sheehan.

2 Comments:

At 12:21 PM , Blogger quakerdave said...

Amen to Cindy.

An appropriate quote for today. Thanks.

I'd like to post a link to your blog on my blogroll.

 
At 2:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since the Korean war, the U.S. Congress has been loathed to make a "Declaration of War." I think it might have something to do with how insurance converage changes once a legal Declaration of War occurs.

However, I believe that if Cindy Sheehan and her handlers were doing what they are doing during World War II when there was an legal Declaration of War, they would be tried and imprisoned for sedition. Sedition is trying to undermine and defeat the war effort of the United States.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home