A Religious Liberal Blog

This site hopefully can provide some vehicle by which I can comment, complain, and once in a while praise the state of religion in this country and around the world from a liberal protestant perspective.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Constantine vs. Paul

Thinking of the efforts to impose uniformity in faith and practice in the church by the right and then participating in a discussion group in my congregation over the rise of the church in the Roman empire, brought a kind of distinction which may be helpful.

One the one hand we have vision of unity which comes from the first Christian Roman emperor Constantine and then we have Paul's vision. For the prior, unity is a kind of uniformity while for the latter it's a body with a range of parts working for the same end.

I apologize for not posting. I've been subbing for a local middle school, which has been a learning experience for me. And I'm headed off this weekend to our state UCC/Disciple campus ministries meeting to report on what our campus group has been up to as of late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home