A Religious Liberal Blog

This site hopefully can provide some vehicle by which I can comment, complain, and once in a while praise the state of religion in this country and around the world from a liberal protestant perspective.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

God's World

How big is my world? What countries, what peoples, what languages does it include? Only those that are on our side? Dangerous politics, you say, to believe otherwise?

How big is my world? Where are its boundaries, its roots, its demarcations? Are they limited, confined, circumscribed? How big is my world? Who is its Maker, its Planner, its Architect?

If I say it's Gods world, then I must admit that we, I, have tried to take God's place! I have tried to make a world that is limited to certain peoples, countries, languages; a world confined to certain social and racial boundaries, and lines of separation!

From the YMCA's 1961 work, Resources for Worship

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home