A Religious Liberal Blog

This site hopefully can provide some vehicle by which I can comment, complain, and once in a while praise the state of religion in this country and around the world from a liberal protestant perspective.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Kind of an interesting site. It's a Bible Content Exam which appears to be given to Presbyterian Church USA seminarians. Here's my my shot at it. 100 questions, long exam but it's interesting to see what areas in the Bible you are familiar with and not as familar with.

ACTS AND PAULINE LETTERS 80%
GOSPELS 70%
HISTORICAL BOOKS 84%
PENTATEUCH 94%
PROPHETS 61%
PSALMS AND WISDOM LITERATURE 90%
REST OF NEW TESTAMENT 90%
TOTAL 80%

2 Comments:

At 8:11 PM , Blogger Chris T. said...

My results:

ACTS AND PAULINE LETTERS 60%
GOSPELS 58%
HISTORICAL BOOKS 61%
PENTATEUCH 82%
PROPHETS 33%
PSALMS AND WISDOM LITERATURE 80%
REST OF NEW TESTAMENT 70%
TOTAL 62%

I'm terrible with remembering where things are in the Gospels and Paul's letters, and I really know nothing at all about the prophets. Definitely gives me an idea of what I need to be reading.

Would you be interested in following Luther's lectionary with me starting Dec. 1? It's usually a couple of chapters plus a Psalm each day. I desperately need to get back to daily reading of Scripture. We should get some others in the blogosphere to follow along.

 
At 12:25 PM , Anonymous Michael said...

Mine:
Acts&Paul : 80%
Gospels: 82%
Historical: 69%
Pentateuch: 88%
Prophets: 61%
Psalms&wisdom: 100% (woot!)
New Testament: 70%
Total: 78%

I'm suprised I did so well!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home