A Religious Liberal Blog

This site hopefully can provide some vehicle by which I can comment, complain, and once in a while praise the state of religion in this country and around the world from a liberal protestant perspective.

Friday, October 28, 2005

The pressure against those who dissent in the Catholic church continues. The "Rev. Ed Cachia was fired as pastor of St. Michael's Parish in Cobourg, east of Toronto, after he wrote an article in the Cobourg Daily Star urging his church to admit women to the priesthood." And a church cantor and organist were fired after they protested their priests working to get signatures for the anti-gay marriage ballot measure in Massachusetts.

In the Methodist Church, Beth Stroud faces the verdict of the Church Judicial Council in Houston over whether she can keep her ordination despite her sexual orientation. Her case was previously overturned in PA but was appealed to the highest church body. I wanted to apologize for my abscence. I went to NJ last weekend and midterms kept me busy. I'm hoping to have others contribute to this site for diversity of views and a regularity in postings.

1 Comments:

At 7:38 AM , Blogger Bill Baar said...

I wish Catholics would take a look at the firing of Thomas Klocek at Chicago's DePaul for defending Israel's right to exist, ("I stood for Israel, because it is in the right.I paid the price at a Christian University."
and why DePaul paid Ward Churchill to come spout his hatred and then turn around and ban anyone who disagreed with Churchill from his speech.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home