A Religious Liberal Blog

This site hopefully can provide some vehicle by which I can comment, complain, and once in a while praise the state of religion in this country and around the world from a liberal protestant perspective.

Friday, August 13, 2004

An interesting question is posed by Andree Seu. How do we account for good in the world? While certainly evil deserves an explanation, so does good and Andree ends up looking to an omniscient God as the source. I think it's a good question but I would use a different form of reasoning.

Instead of posing the question and having a personal omni-powerful being as the answer, I'd rather ask: what activities can we identify which operate in the world to create the possibilities of good and then identify such processes as divine, as God.

Social Gospel blog asks some good questions about the recently announced resignation of New Jersey's governor Jim McGreevey. And the World Alliance of Reformed Churches meeting is wrestling with how the Christian faith ought to respond to the destructive aspects of globalization and the problem of economic exploitation.

And yes I like many are attracted to online tests. Beppe Blog pointed me to one which quizzed you on what sort famous leader you are most like? The results:

Abe Lincoln: You are a mild mannered assasination victim. You have a peaceful nature and are good at mediating disputes with the exception of the occasional bloody civil war
What Famous Leader Are You?
personality tests by similarminds.com

2 Comments:

At 9:20 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

I took that quiz and it told me I was Saddam! No fair! Just because I'm not afraid of confrontation...ack!!

http://nervous.typepad.com

 
At 10:47 AM , Blogger Joe G. said...

How should one respond to being called a "mild-mannered assasination victim"? Yikes! :)

Based on my results (Gandhi!) my friend Teresa now calls me her "emaciated do-gooder". Ha!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home