A Religious Liberal Blog

This site hopefully can provide some vehicle by which I can comment, complain, and once in a while praise the state of religion in this country and around the world from a liberal protestant perspective.

Thursday, July 01, 2004

To update my post on the general direction of the Presbyterian's gathering in Virginia this week I came across several other news items I thought I'd send along. A number of commissions have made recommendations to the General Assembly.

They have recommended that support should not be given to the federal marriage amendment. They have recommended opposition to Virginia's new law which takes affect today which "will ban any partnership contract or other arrangement between persons of the same sex purporting to bestow the privileges or obligations of marriage." Regulation of individual contracts? The measure was so extreme that even the governor of the state opposed it.

And commissioners have recommend the exploration into the possibilities of providing same sex benefits for church employees. That would certainly place the church ahead of our government on this issue. Now the real test will come with the upcoming votes in the general assembly. Will they side with such recommendations?

1 Comments:

At 7:33 AM , Blogger TS said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home