A Religious Liberal Blog

This site hopefully can provide some vehicle by which I can comment, complain, and once in a while praise the state of religion in this country and around the world from a liberal protestant perspective.

Tuesday, July 06, 2004



Suffice it to say that I'm admire the choice of John Edwards as a running mate. His speech on the two americas was one of the more moving campaign moments during the primary and spoke to the heart of what sort of country we can be.

The day of this decision, Kerry was visiting the African Methodist Episcopal Church's convention in Indianapolis. That convention ended up making history when it selected it's first woman leader, Bishop Vashti Murphy McKenzie.

And the Presbyterian Church's assembly approved a resolution which described the U.S. invasion of Iraq as "unwise, immoral and illegal" and has condemned "in the strongest possible terms" the torture and abuse of prisoners by the U.S. military there. In the religion debates which will be a part of this election, actions like that of the PCUSA should be a voice which is heard.

2 Comments:

At 7:45 AM , Blogger Rebecca said...

I'm happy with the John Edwards decision to but I was secretly hoping that john McCain would change his mind and make it a bi-partisan ticket. that would have made my day.

 
At 7:38 AM , Blogger TS said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home