A Religious Liberal Blog

This site hopefully can provide some vehicle by which I can comment, complain, and once in a while praise the state of religion in this country and around the world from a liberal protestant perspective.

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Apparently blogstudio is undergoing a number of major difficulties which has made doing anything on my site impossible. So I've made a decision to move my blog back to blogger, where I first started this enterprise.

I've noticed that many of my posts are of a pessimistic nature. And keeping with such a posture I had little expectations over what might be accomplished at the Presbyterian's national gathering. But so far there has been a number of positive developments coming forth which have surprised me. Apparently my sense of where the denomination is at is off, which is a good thing.

The general assembly started off by selecting a new moderator who favors gay and lesbian inclusion in the church and who has a history of peace activism. Then a church commission has recommended to the general assembly the scrapping of what is known as an "authoritative interpetation" of the church's constitution which forbids the ordination of active gays and lesbians. It is up to the general assembly whether to accept or reject such recommendations. But this is setting up to be a very different gathering then the United Methodists who with vote after vote sought to exclude gays and lesbians from the life of the church.

1 Comments:

At 7:31 AM , Blogger TS said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home