A Religious Liberal Blog

This site hopefully can provide some vehicle by which I can comment, complain, and once in a while praise the state of religion in this country and around the world from a liberal protestant perspective.

Monday, August 04, 2003

Well this is my second day at the convention so far. And again I'm posting from the Every Voice table. Yesterday was a great day for the church, when the House of Deputies in the Episcopal Church by 2 to 1 voted to confirm Gene Robinson as the bishop for New Hampshire. Now the issue moves to the House of Bishops this afternoon where I've heard it's likely he will receive confirmation, leading to the first openly gay bishop in the Anglican communion. I was surprised that even though I was not an elected delegate I and other visitors were allowed to sit in during the discussion and vote.

There's a definite sense that this church is dedicated to inclusion and the promptings of the spirit of God, which gives one some hope. In other news, I'm getting weighed down with literature from some unbelievable number of groups who are here at the convention. Lots of great conversations, meetings, getting info, and a Claiming the Blessing worship. I may or may not be able to post tomorrow, because I'm not sure if I'm headed back home tomorrow or Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home